Image Buyer Information
Since 2005, I have photographed with 35mm full-frame DSLRs and pro lenses. The vast majority of my images are available at a native resolution of 4,000px to 7000px at 300dpi.
Alongside my Photo Prints, I have several thousand images available for licensing. This site has the facility to license Royalty-free and Rights-ready packages and accept payment online with any major credit or debit card. Please contact me directly for detailed Rights-managed and customised licensing.
This website enables you to search all my images by keyword or browse galleries by content. There is a very useful Lightbox service. When you find suitable images, click on the [✓] on the thumbnail for later viewing and comparing collectively. You can then edit down your selection before licensing.
General information about licensing
Rights-managed content is licensed for specific types of use, and pricing is based on factors such as size, placement, duration of use, and geographic distribution and any other restrictions that accompany the content on the ElliottNeep.com website (or any other method of content delivery) or in an order confirmation or invoice.
Non-Exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. I, Elliott Neep, can license the same content to other customers.
- Exclusive licences may be available for rights-managed content upon payment of an additional licence fee. Please contact me if you are interested in licensing content on an exclusive basis.
- Perpetual, meaning there is no expiry or end date on your rights to use the content.
- Worldwide, meaning content can be used in any geographic territory.
- Unlimited, meaning content can be used an unlimited number of times.
- Any and all media, meaning content can be used in print, in digital or in any other medium or format.
- Non-Exclusive, meaning that you do not have exclusive rights to use the content. I, Elliott Neep, can license the same content to other customers. If you would like exclusive rights to use royalty-free content, please contact me to discuss a buy-out.
About image size and resolution
I license press-ready hi-res 300dpi JPEG files via elliottneep.com. The server-side software resizes the images to those required, so a variety of sizes are available. If you require the original RAW file or a 16-bit TIFF, then please contact me to discuss your requirements.
The size of the image is defined by the file that I originally captured, what camera I used and the final 'crop' dimensions before archiving the image. Therefore uploaded image dimensions will vary from image to image, but will mostly retain the 3:2 ratio produced by a 35mm DSLR.
To check that the image you have chosen is right for your project, you’ll need to take into account both the resolution (or dpi) and the dimensions. The dimensions show the size that your image will appear when printed, and the resolution indicates how much detail will be included in every inch printed. For example, 72-150 dpi is the standard resolution for screen, web and electronic use, whereas 240-350 dpi is the standard resolution for printing.
What is meant by ‘commercial use’ or ‘editorial use’?
Commercial use means that an image is used to sell a product, promote something or raise money for a cause. This includes usage in advertising, marketing, promotion, packaging, publication covers, advertorial, consumer or merchandising products. Editorial use is when an image or is used to illustrate a newsworthy article, a critique or an educational text.
A summary of restricted uses
- No Unlawful Use. You may not use content in a pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful manner, or in violation of any applicable regulations or industry codes.
- No Commercial Use of Editorial Content. Unless additional rights are specified on the Elliott Neep Photography invoice or sales order, or granted pursuant to a separate licence agreement, you may not use content marked “editorial” for any commercial, promotional, advertorial, endorsement, advertising or merchandising purpose. This type of content is not model or property released and is intended to be used only in connection with events or topics that are newsworthy or of general public interest.
- No Alteration of Editorial Content. Content marked “editorial” may be cropped or otherwise edited for technical quality, provided that the editorial integrity of the content is not compromised, but you may not otherwise alter the content.
- No Standalone File Use. You may not use content in any way that allows others to download, extract or redistribute content as a standalone file (meaning just the content file itself, separate from the project or end use).
- No Sensitive Use Without Disclaimer. If you use content that features models or property in connection with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person, you must indicate: (1) that the content is being used for illustrative purposes only, and (2) any person depicted in the content is a model. For example, you could say: “Stock photo. Posed by model.” No disclaimer is required for content marked “editorial” that is used in a non-misleading editorial manner.
- No False Representation of Authorship. You may not falsely represent that you are the original creator of a work that is made up largely of licensed content. For instance, you cannot create artwork based solely on licensed content and claim that you are the author.
Restricted Uses - unless additional licence purchased
The following are prohibited without the prior written consent of Elliott Neep and payment of an additional licence fee:
- No “On Demand” Products. Unless you purchase a customised licence, you may not use content in connection with "on demand" products (e.g., products in which a licensed image is selected by a third party for customisation of such product on a made-to-order basis), including, without limitation, postcards, mugs, t-shirts, calendars, posters, screensavers or wallpapers on mobile telephones, or similar items (this includes the sale of products through custom designed websites, as well as sites such as zazzle.com and cafepress.com).
- No Electronic Templates. Unless you purchase a custom licence, you may not use content in electronic or digital templates intended for resale or other distribution (for example, website templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates, and brochure design templates).
- No Use in Trademark or Logo. Unless you purchase a custom licence, you may not use content as part of a trademark, design mark, tradename, business name, service mark, or logo.
My current and previous clients include: Getty Images™, Frank Lane Picture Agency, Minden Pictures, National Geographic Creative, G+J Media, BAUR Media (Practical Photography, Bird Watching), Future Inc. (Digital Camera, N-Photo), Imagine Publishing (Digital Photographer) Solent News, Immediate Media Company (BBC Wildlife Magazine), W.E.N.N., 7Squared, Newton Press Inc., National Wildlife Federation (Ranger Rick), RSPCA, Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA), ARKive, The Wildlife Trusts…